Welcome to St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church located in Carteret, New Jersey. Our church is of the Byzantine (Eastern Catholic) Rite which is in full communion with and obedient to the Holy See and its Bishop, the Pope of Rome. Founded in 1949, our parish has been proudly providing for the spiritual needs of generations of Americans of Ukrainian descent in the Middlesex and Union County areas. We are affiliated with the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia, PA.
Arriving in the Carteret area since the latter half of the 19th century, our immigrant descendants desired to become American citizens, make a better life for their families and to build a house of worship. In 1954, after the preparation and sales of thousands of varenyky, they realized their dream with the erection of St. Mary’s Church. The Church not only serves as a house of worship but as a home to many fraternal and cultural organizations. Although we have fewer parishoners than we once had, we strive to continue the liturgical traditions of our forefathers.
Pyrohy on Sale! You must order by November 30th. For information click here.